More recently, no single ingredient has caused so much excitement and so much controversy at the same time. Cannabidiol is something people went crazy for, and behind that are scientifically proven claims. This compound found in cannabis is beneficial and can treat many ailments – both in humans and in animals.
The sort of marijuana used for CBD derivation differs from those plants intended for recreational use, as seen below:
It is widely known how effective cannabidiol is in treating inflammatory processes, seizures, and multiple types of pain, mental disorders, and many more health conditions. Although medicine has not yet identified it as a conventional drug, many doctors recommend CBD oil in various forms. The range of these products is extensive, although some uses of this component may seem quite unusual.
Treatment of Addiction
Even when people realize that CBD is not a type of drug and has no psychoactive effects, it is still unclear how this compound can help with the treatment of drug addiction. Research conducted has shown that oil from hemp processing has excellent potential as a non-opioid medication.
Cannabidiol is an entirely natural ingredient, with no intoxicating or sedative effects. It works soothingly, but not in the sense of making you high, but to help you overcome cravings and cannabis withdrawal symptoms.
CBD does not have mind-altering effects. Its effectiveness in curbing addiction has its basis in treating anxiety, as the primary disorder that occurs as a result of the addiction crisis. Although still in the testing phase and not approved as conventional therapy, research shows that high-CBD strains of cannabis give the best results in treating heavy drugs, alcohol, and even tobacco addiction.
Cannabidiol has entered the cosmetics industry, and CBD-based cosmetics will likely skyrocket in popularity. These are mainly skincare products or treatments for specific dermatological conditions, such as psoriasis or eczema.
On the other hand, CBD-infused shampoos and conditioners are still ‘in the test phase’ of the market. So far, only a few brands have dared to start manufacturing CBD hair care products – probably because hair growth and follicle quality improvement are lesser-known benefits of cannabidiol.
These benefits were discovered quite by accident. In fact, cannabidiol does not directly affect the follicle. Its traces are not visible on the hair and cannot be detected by drug tests, as seen on this source. The effect of cannabidiol is actually to ‘force’ our body to create the right conditions for the growth of stronger and better hair.
Due to the calming effects of cannabidiol, our body is more relaxed; when acting anti-inflammatory, CBD regulates processes that make it weak; as an antioxidant, this component destroys free radicals and boosts circulation. All this contributes to the improved work of the follicles, from which new, more beautiful, and shinier hair will grow.
Everyone who does sports knows what kind of pain, cramps, and inflammation can occur if they over-train or train improperly. The most commonly used method to combat all types of injuries (both in professional athletes and amateurs) is the application of anti-inflammatory drugs.
But some of these conventional medications contain some intoxicants, which doping tests can register as illicit. CBD products are not illegal, officially (ask around about regulative and laws before start taking CBD). Its oils and other products can be used to maintain high-performance in athletes, recover from training, and treat acute and chronic injuries.
One of the most common sports injuries is inflammation of the muscle tissue due to the exertion of prolonged or too intensive training. CBD topical application or oral administration brings rapid relief. Also, the endocannabinoid system gets its ‘fuel,’ which is needed to start the immune system to start the recovery process.
CBD as Nootropic
Every health guide mentions cannabidiol as treatment and prevention. But its oil can also be used as a stimulant (although it is officially not an energizer). Due to its positive effect on the brainpower and cognitive abilities of patients, this compound can also be classified as a nootropic.
The functioning of our brain is better when eliminating the negative effects that affect its – physical pain, anxiety, the presence of negative emotions, etc. All of these symptoms are closely related, and CBD treats each of them. Of course, conventional therapy is a priority, but cannabidiol, can also solve many things.
Regular use of CBD-infused products will help you sleep better, relieve annoying pain, and also improve mood. As soon as you spare yourself from torment, your brain is ready to commit to more constructive things – such as learning or fulfilling work tasks.
Here are some more of the incredible things you may experience from CBD/hemp oil:
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: The findings suggest that cannabidiol could be used to effectively treat arthritis thanks to its potent anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties.
- Anti-Cancer: According to some sources, there is some published evidence that CBD has anti-cancer effects. While some report states that CBD helps in reducing cancer chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Mental Health: CBD oil has the potential to treat mental health problems and is also useful in treating patients with psychotic symptoms like paranoia and anxiety as well as depression.
- Pain Relief in Chronic Diseases: Researchers believe that CBD being anti-inflammatory is what makes it more effective rather than acting against the pain.
- Depression and Anxiety Relief: Researchers have claimed that CBD has the potential of how our brains respond to serotonin. The serotonin is a hormone released in our body which is also known as the happy hormone and is critical for mental health stability.
- Neuroprotective Solutions: Researchers are now trying to figure out how CBD can help in treating neurodegenerative disorders. Some of the disorders include Parkison’s, stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s.
- Anti-Seizure: The American Epilepsy Society has expressed its hope on how CBD is a possible treatment option.
- Insomnia: In the early 1970s, a study investigating the effects of CBD on the sleep habits of rodents showed that it induced sleep.
- Psychosis: In a case study done in 1995, it was found that CBD could be a safe and effective alternative answer for schizophrenia, which led researchers to believe that cannabidiol can have beneficial impacts on treating and managing psychosis.
- Heart Disease: CBD has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties that suggest it can be used to prevent cerebral ischemia damage, which is a kind of heart disease that increases the risk of stroke.
- Diabetes: Since CBD has anti-inflammatory compounds, scientists believe that it could effectively be used as a therapeutic agent in treating type 1 diabetes.
Science is continually discovering new benefits of medical marijuana. Medical experts are pushing the limits to test this compound to the fullest and find in which areas it is applicable. If they prove everything they intend to, there’s a high chance that people will change their opinions regarding medical marijuana.