CBD is the non-psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis. It is known for providing its many health benefits, despite being illegal in most countries around the world.
We are recently starting to take notice of the many medical and therapeutic benefits of the cannabis plant. Cannabis hasn’t been properly tested and researched in the UK, as opposed to places like America and Israel – where it’s available upon prescription for certain illnesses. Studies continue to be done on CBD; consistency, trials and dosage information (see CBD Oil Canada) are always important to pay attention to.
It has proven to be highly effective in providing many benefits such as relieving pain, spasms and even shrinking brain tumors. At the end of 2016 the Medicines and Healthcare products, Regulatory Agency (MHRA) sent out notices to suppliers of cannabidiol (CBD) products to inform suppliers that it was deemed a medicine and that licenses would be issued for the sale of this popular, effective and misunderstood plant.
The current status in the UK, suppliers are legally selling CBD as it is neither covered by the Psychoactive Substances Act of 2016 nor the Misuse of Drugs Act of 1971. As long as no medical claims are made about a bottle of CBD oil, it is legal to market and sell it in the UK as a food supplement.
Here are just some of the incredible things you may experience from CBD/hemp oil:
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: The findings suggest that cannabidiol could be used to effectively treat arthritis thanks to its potent anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties.
- Anti-Cancer: According to some sources, there is some published evidence that CBD has anti-cancer effects. While some report states that CBD helps in reducing cancer chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Mental Health: CBD oil has the potential to treat mental health problems and is also useful in treating patients with psychotic symptoms like paranoia and anxiety as well as depression.
- Pain Relief in Chronic Diseases: Researchers believe that CBD being anti-inflammatory is what makes it more effective rather than acting against the pain.
- Depression and Anxiety Relief: Researchers have claimed that CBD has the potential of how our brains respond to serotonin. The serotonin is a hormone released in our body which is also known as the happy hormone and is critical for mental health stability.
- Neuroprotective Solutions: Researchers are now trying to figure out how CBD can help in treating neurodegenerative disorders. Some of the disorders include Parkison’s, stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s.
- Anti-Seizure: The American Epilepsy Society has expressed its hope on how CBD is a possible treatment option.
- Insomnia: In the early 1970s, a study investigating the effects of CBD on the sleep habits of rodents showed that it induced sleep.
- Psychosis: In a case study done in 1995, it was found that CBD could be a safe and effective alternative answer for schizophrenia, which led researchers to believe that cannabidiol can have beneficial impacts on treating and managing psychosis.
- Heart Disease: CBD has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties that suggest it can be used to prevent cerebral ischemia damage, which is a kind of heart disease that increases the risk of stroke.
- Diabetes: Since CBD has anti-inflammatory compounds, scientists believe that it could effectively be used as a therapeutic agent in treating type 1 diabetes.
The fact is CBD is a medicine, MHRA is not wrong about that. But they must bear in mind, thousands of people in the UK already rely on the healing benefits of CBD. CBD oil is extracted from the cannabis plant, but its extraction us usually from the non-psychoactive cousin, hemp. This leads to us to all the confusion that has been blocking the progress of legislation in favor of cannabis as medicine, the confusion between a plant that is the same, really. Psychoactive cannabis is classified 0.05% THC and above ; and the non-psychoactive version is usually classified as hemp, which below 0.05% THC. The problem comes in for legislators to distinguish these types of cannabis separately and “safe” for human consumption. Truth is they are very difficult to distinguish separately in nature and lawmakers just care if it makes you high or not. Bottom line, its a medicine, saving lives.
Cancer Research UK recently published statistics on brain tumors in the United Kingdom. Almost 11000 cases of brain tumors were reported in 2014. Deaths in the same year were 5223,with a reported survival rate from current treatments at 14%, with a less than 1% prevention rate. Looking at these numbers, maybe alternative treatments are desperately needed to be looked at to give people hope and possible prevention and cure of these cancers.
Some of the benefits of using CBD oil on a regular basis is for pain relief, anxiety, stress, heart health, and keeps one skin healthy.
A recently published article mentions a child, William, a 4-year-old boy from Nottingham, who was diagnosed with an ependymoma brain tumor in 2014. William is currently championing the research and fund-raising of the research being done at University of Nottinghams facility, The Children’s Brain Tumour Research Centre and it’s looking very positive. After trying all treatments available through the NHS early in 2016, Williams parents were told it was terminal and William was given 6 months to live. Naturally, Williams parents looked at alternatives and since being on CBD oil his health has improved and the tumour has reduced significantly in size.
“Six months later, not only was William still alive – his tumor had shrunk by two-thirds!”
Brain and spinal tumors are proven to be the biggest fatal cancers within under 18’s in the UK, and other than chemotherapy and radiotherapy, which is known for having many negative side effects, there isn’t much other ‘gentler’ treatment out there. Cannabidiol has shown to be beneficial in aiding the reduction of cancers, which in William’s case, significantly reduced the size of his cancerous tumor within 6 months. Many countries have acted on this significant development in the medicinal world and legalized the use of cannabis and CBD oil. Cannabis Oil has shown to be highly effective in providing many health benefits, within both preventing and curing illness. Scientists have begun the process of testing CBD oil for shrinking tumors, by adding cannabidiol to one cancerous brain, and not the other. However, some scientists believe that this could be due to a number of factors, and may not specifically be results of the CBD.
One thing for certain if I was a parent I would be using CBD if it gave my child a better quality of life, relieved pain and was the only effective treatment in a couple of years that potentially helped reduce the tumor, not forgetting a little bit of hope for his parents.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter