CBD oil, is a must-have product that everyone’s talking about but can it really improve your health?
Science found evidence that this component can help patients dealing with many health issues- some of these conditions include many types of cancer and even rare forms of epilepsy. But medical hemp also helps people relax and overcome stressful situations.
The product like CBD oil which is also known as cannabis oil or cannabidiol has increased rapidly in popularity.
Moreover, these products have also gained popularity in the medical field. According to a report by WHO, CBD may help treat symptoms relating to Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, MS, pain, anxiety, depression, cancer, and diabetic complications.
The supply of CBD products on the market is enormous, as manufacturers of pharmacological agents have recognized the potential of medical hemp. However, like every successful, profitable good, cannabidiol products have many copies.
As a rule, these products are of lower quality and less efficient, which somehow justifies their low prices. It’s your choice whether you’ll be content with a cheap counterfeit or you’ll look for hemp products of the best quality.
When Did Cannabis Become a Medicine?
Cannabis has been used a medicine for thousands of years across the world. While a common form of medication was also used in the UK to treat Queen Victoria’s menstrual pain.
Cannabis Legalization in the UK
Cannabis was made illegal in the UK in 1928 by following an international drug conference in Geneva when an Egyptian delegate convinced that cannabis was a threat to society and is as dangerous as opium.
But according to a report of the Wootton Report in 1968 concluded that there is no evidence that this activity is causing violent crime or aggression, anti-social behavior! Today, 50 years later, cannabis is still illegal in the UK but there’s a huge spike in interest towards CBD oil and hemp-infused products.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is also known as cannabidiol is one of those 104 chemical compounds that can be found in the marijuana plant. While the marijuana plant also produces Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is the main psychoactive substance found in cannabis. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive.
Cannabidiol is derived from hemp-plant, and it has a deficient percentage of THC substance, which is the one substance that gives its consumers a feeling of being stoned. Cannabidiol oils are free of THC, or they contain a minimum percentage of this psychoactive component. Therefore, its use is allowed in many states in the US and some other countries around the globe.
This substance will help people overcome some hard times in their lives since it will relieve them of stress. It’s also capable of assisting patients suffering from high blood pressure, seizures, nerve-related pain, or any inflammation causing them to feel chronic pain. The FDA approved the use of cannabidiol treatments for such patients, leaving the space for further research on the health benefits of hemp.
Additionally, these products are available for legal purchase in specialized CBD shops or even through online dealers. Anyone who wishes to buy these must inform themselves about the laws in each state and country before purchasing. The rules are different from state to state and from country to country.
What is CBD Used to Treat?
Recently, UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency classed CBD as medicine which meets a strict set of safety, quality, and efficiency standards.
Here are just some of the incredible things you may experience from CBD/hemp oil:
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: The findings suggest that cannabidiol could be used to effectively treat arthritis thanks to its potent anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties.
- Anti-Cancer: According to some sources, there is some published evidence that CBD has anti-cancer effects. While some report states that CBD helps in reducing cancer chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Mental Health: CBD oil has the potential to treat mental health problems and is also useful in treating patients with psychotic symptoms like paranoia and anxiety as well as depression.
- Pain Relief in Chronic Diseases: Researchers believe that CBD being anti-inflammatory is what makes it more effective rather than acting against the pain.
- Depression and Anxiety Relief: Researchers have claimed that CBD has the potential of how our brains respond to serotonin. The serotonin is a hormone released in our body which is also known as the happy hormone and is critical for mental health stability.
- Neuroprotective Solutions: Researchers are now trying to figure out how CBD can help in treating neurodegenerative disorders. Some of the disorders include Parkison’s, stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s.
- Anti-Seizure: The American Epilepsy Society has expressed its hope on how CBD is a possible treatment option.
- Insomnia: In the early 1970s, a study investigating the effects of CBD on the sleep habits of rodents showed that it induced sleep.
- Psychosis: In a case study done in 1995, it was found that CBD could be a safe and effective alternative answer for schizophrenia, which led researchers to believe that cannabidiol can have beneficial impacts on treating and managing psychosis.
- Heart Disease: CBD has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties that suggest it can be used to prevent cerebral ischemia damage, which is a kind of heart disease that increases the risk of stroke.
- Diabetes: Since CBD has anti-inflammatory compounds, scientists believe that it could effectively be used as a therapeutic agent in treating type 1 diabetes.
Is Hemp Oil and CBD Oil: Same Thing?
Actually, both are made from the same plant but the only difference is that CBD oil is made from the flowers, leaves, and stalks of the plant while the hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of marijuana.
Reviews and Users’ Testimonials
There are plenty of websites and other resources you can use to learn more about CBD oil and how it works, as well as what you can expect to get from it. Being informed about the product you plan to buy is crucial, so you’ll avoid any possible surprises.
Other people’s experiences in using some product may be helpful, but you don’t have to follow them blindly. Each review should be taken with a dose of precaution, because what has benefited (or not) someone may not affect you in the same way.
However, reading these testimonials before buying can be helpful as a form of buyer’s guide. These reviews can give you a hint on what to look for when buying CBD oil, what are the trustworthy shops, dispensaries, and web stores where you can get these products, etc.
Keep in mind that companies need good reviews to increase the sale of their goods, so they are eager to pay for positive testimonials. It means that whoever writes the review must write positively about the product. So don’t take these posts, which are most often in the form of blogs, literally. Better options are forums or websites specialized in product reviews.
Could You Get into Trouble Because Of CBD Oil?
Depending on your place of residence, and the state and federal laws regarding the use of hemp-based products, you could get into trouble if you adhere only to what you read on the Internet. People writing online reviews are located all over the world. Laws and regulations in their homeland might not be the same as in yours.
Make sure to always double-check the rules and procedures when buying CBD oil. And do the same if you travel abroad – check the laws of the state you’re going to and see if you’ll have any consequences for bringing CBD oil with you.
Having the prescription for cannabidiol preparations is desirable, but it’s not a guarantee that you’re not breaking the law in foreign countries. Their regulations could be against the use of medical marijuana, so even if you did everything right, you still might be charged.
Therefore, it’s essential always to be prepared and review the product itself so you could know more about what you’re about to use. Just in case, always have a copy of medical documentation that proves medical justification of using hemp-based products.
Is CBD Legal in the UK?
According to MHRA, if CBD is being advertised for medical purposes then it needs to be licensed. While the license for CBD oil is not yet granted in the UK. In simple words, CBD is technically legal in the UK as long as claims are not made about its medical benefits. To find CBD oil in your area, ex. the UK, a simple Google search for best cbd in the UK can turn up results. Make sure to do your research by reading reviews before buying.
Today, people are living their lives incredibly fast, and they strive to achieve more than it is possible and to secure their future. Sometimes, they don’t even have time to devote to health, so they need some solutions ‘on the go.’ CBD oil and products containing this substance can be excellent additional treatments or supplementation for dealing with health issues, but also everyday stress and anxiety.