The unique therapeutic and neurological properties of cannabidiol have helped it grow in popularity in recent years. Many companies have made the most of this acceleration in the market, creating several products laced with hemp extracts. Such products help individuals with everything from reducing anxiety to prevent neurological disorders and nerve damage.
What helps make CBD so effective in treating nerve-related issues? Can individuals rely on Plain Jane CBD products to protect their brain and central nervous system? Read on to learn more about how the consumption of Plain Jane cannabis-derived products affects the brain.
What Makes Cannabidiol Different?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a cannabinoid found in high quantities in hemp and marijuana. Unlike its distant cousin tetrahydrocannabinol, it does not possess any psychoactive properties, making it safe for extended use. Essentially, CBD does not make people feel high or intoxicated while providing them with all the benefits associated with hemp. Studies have shown that products contain this extract can help reduce pain, inflammation, stress, anxiety, and insomnia. These products enable users to feel more relaxed and at ease without producing any mind-altering effects.
Unlike other cannabinoids found in hemp and cannabis, cannabidiol interacts only mildly with CB1 and CB2 receptors. These are a part of our endocannabinoid system that helps regulate our immune response and maintains homeostasis. Our brain and central nervous system have CB1 receptors that enable memory processing, sensory perception, and cognition. Since cannabidiol barely interacts with these receptors, it does not produce any intoxication or fogginess.
Additionally, this unique nature enables them to provide several healing benefits to our nervous system. On the other hand, tetrahydrocannabinol produces psychological effects by attaching to both CB1 and CB2 receptors. By activating them, THC has an impact on our perception, pleasure, thinking, and concentration. Hence, cannabidiol produces relaxing sensations, whereas the psychoactive THC can become dangerous when used consistently in higher doses.
What Are the Neurological Effects of CBD?
Research proved that these hemp extracts possess Neuroprotectant properties that effectively treat several neurological disorders. Here’s a quick look at some of the neurological effects that cannabidiol has on our bodies.
These products can help protect nerves from damage and also prevents neurological degeneration. As a result, they effectively treat and hinder the onset of Alzheimer’s symptoms.
- Such extracts have the power to act as a potent analgesic by suppressing the neuronal transmission of pain. Additionally, they can do so without producing analgesic tolerance, making them effective at overcoming chronic pain for extended periods.
- Studies indicate that cannabidiol can inhibit the growth of cancerous cells, thanks to its anti-tumor properties. Products laced with hemp extracts produce no toxic effects on humans, making such treatment methodologies safer and more sustainable.
- Help reduce anxiety in patients. Research indicates that products containing this extract can help patients come to terms with numerous issues, such as depression, hypertension, and PTSD.
- Such products also work as effective treatments for social anxiety disorders by calming our nerves and relaxing our bodies. Studies showed that individuals given CBD pills before a public-speaking event felt less stress, discomfort, and anxiety due to the same.
How Does Hemp Affect the Brain?
Cannabidiol affects our brain through various molecular pathways, even though it does not bind with CB1 and CB2 receptors. Instead, it utilizes several receptor-independent channels by promoting and preventing the binding action of several protein-coupled receptors. Let us take a quick look at the various receptor systems that cannabidiol can influence indirectly.
They target the serotonin 1A receptor by sharing an affinity, enabling the hemp extract to possess various therapeutic properties. These receptors are responsible for regulating the release of cortisol and oxytocin, which affects our stress response, metabolism, and social behavior. Additionally, they have a massive influence on our mood, appetite, and cognition.
- By binding to TRPV1 or vanilloid receptors that serve as an ion channel, hemp extracts can influence our body’s thermoregulation. As a result, these products can impact our perception of pain, inflammation, and body temperature.
- Studies show that hemp can interfere with the GPR55 or orphan receptor that scientists haven’t studied enough yet. Most believe that these receptors belong to a broader family of neurotransmitters. Such receptors enable blood pressure modulation, bone density, and reabsorption. When over-activated, they can cause osteoporosis and contribute to the spread and growth of cancer cells. CBD works by blocking the signaling to GPR55, helping inhibit the growth of cancerous tumors.
- Nuclear receptors, better known as peroxisome-proliferator activated receptors or PPARs, receive activation through hemp. Found on the cell’s nucleus, when activated, these receptors can produce an anticancer effect by regressing cell lines.
- Studies show that hemp extracts can inhibit both anandamide reuptake and breakdown. Doing so leads to an increase in the brain’s endocannabinoid levels. Also, it helps protect our nerves as anandamide is a powerful chemical with neuroprotective effects.
Can CBD Products Numb the Brain?
Rather than numbing the brain, products laced with hemp extracts have medicinal and therapeutic benefits on the brain. While THC can amplify and heighten the tendency for anxiety in people, cannabidiol does the opposite. It effectively reduces the symptoms of anxiety disorder. These neurological effects can help the extract work as a supplement to medications used for treating such ailments. By reducing anxiety, cannabidiol helps solve sleep difficulties and disorders, such as insomnia. Similarly, reducing chronic pain and inflammation can also help people sleep better, enabling their bodies to get the rest it deserves and needs.
Additionally, such products can also help treat neuropsychiatric disorders and epilepsy. The anti-seizure properties of this product enable it to help patients struggling with muscle spasticity and epilepsy. Since the product is organic and natural, users do not have to worry about debilitating side effects. These same benefits also help treat neuronal injury, psychiatric issues, and neurodegeneration of varying kinds. By triggering the production of cortisol, these products can regulate emotions and relieve stress effectively. The same properties also help them work as antipsychotic and antidepressant remedies that work through mood regulation. As a result, consistent use of such products in the appropriate dosage can improve the patient’s mental health.
As you can see, hemp extracts have immense potential as a neuroprotective supplement. Unlike THC, these products do not produce any adverse side effects, making large-scale adoption of them in treatment methodologies a possibility. Further research regarding the impact of such products on our brain chemistry will help unravel additional benefits and properties. Also, consumers should consult with their physician before administering such products to prevent drug reactions. Companies like Plain Jane will soon help people struggling with various neurological disorders. Are you looking for ways to consume CBD safely? If so, follow this space for updates regarding the therapeutic benefits of CBD!