What is CBD?
Cannabidiol which is also known as CBD is a compound in the cannabis plant. CBD is one of at least 85 cannabinoids identified in cannabis. It is the second most abundant compound in hemp, which represents up to 40 percent of its compounds, the first being THC. The chart below shows various benefits of CBD.
Can CBD get me high?
People often get confused between CBD and THC properties. THC is the intoxicating compound that causes marijuana users to get “high.” On the other hand, with CBD, it is impossible to get high, and in fact is a legal substance around the world. To be used as an application, CBD is extracted and mixed in hemp oil extracts which can vary in concentration. THC and CBD are both phytocannabinoids, which means they are natural and plant derived. THC and CBD primarly interact with specific cells causing various effects in the human body.
There are a wide range of applications for CBD and THC. At the molecular level, they are very similar which is why they are often confused, even in the scientific community. The chemical properties of CBD and THC however vary widely, and THC is classified as a hallucinatory drug, while CBD is classified as safe and legal around the world.
Benefits of CBD
CBD is a natural treatment for a plethora of ailments and it is acknowledged that CBD is safer than THC. Industrial hemp, the male form of marijuana, is naturally high in CBD. While containing only traces of THC, the oil extracted is safe and non-hallucinatory. Due to these properties, CBD is a legal supplement and can be consumed safely in any concentration and amount. There are a number of CBD products on the market. As the market is saturated with products being manufactured overseas in unregulated facilities, it would be safe and wise to look things up online or on CBD E-liquid Reviews websites prior to obtaining cannabis oil for sale and products for treatment.
Here are just some of the incredible things you may experience from CBD/hemp oil:
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: The findings suggest that cannabidiol could be used to effectively treat arthritis thanks to its potent anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties.
- Anti-Cancer: According to some sources, there is some published evidence that CBD has anti-cancer effects. While some report states that CBD helps in reducing cancer chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Mental Health: CBD oil has the potential to treat mental health problems and is also useful in treating patients with psychotic symptoms like paranoia and anxiety as well as depression.
- Pain Relief in Chronic Diseases: Researchers believe that CBD being anti-inflammatory is what makes it more effective rather than acting against the pain.
- Depression and Anxiety Relief: Researchers have claimed that CBD has the potential of how our brains respond to serotonin. The serotonin is a hormone released in our body which is also known as the happy hormone and is critical for mental health stability.
- Neuroprotective Solutions: Researchers are now trying to figure out how CBD can help in treating neurodegenerative disorders. Some of the disorders include Parkison’s, stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s.
- Anti-Seizure: The American Epilepsy Society has expressed its hope on how CBD is a possible treatment option.
- Insomnia: In the early 1970s, a study investigating the effects of CBD on the sleep habits of rodents showed that it induced sleep.
- Psychosis: In a case study done in 1995, it was found that CBD could be a safe and effective alternative answer for schizophrenia, which led researchers to believe that cannabidiol can have beneficial impacts on treating and managing psychosis.
- Heart Disease: CBD has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties that suggest it can be used to prevent cerebral ischemia damage, which is a kind of heart disease that increases the risk of stroke.
- Diabetes: Since CBD has anti-inflammatory compounds, scientists believe that it could effectively be used as a therapeutic agent in treating type 1 diabetes.
CBD has been seen in various studies to be effective in treating ailments from reducing inflammation and nausea to treating more serious conditions like epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and inhibit cancer growth. It has also been see as effective in treating neurological and psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and more.
Since the acceptance of Cannabis is fairly new, more studies and research on CBD are yet to be done and many new applications yet to be discovered, like this one: “CBD Helps Reverse Booze Brain Damage“. Do you have any experience with CBD? If so, please leave them in the comment sections below.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter