- Sterile: Use good soil, free of parasites; spending a little extra goes a long way.
- Composition: Quality raw materials/quality compost (if any)
- Drainage: Have good drainage, meaning should have some sand or materials like sponge rock or pearlite.
- PH: PH should be between 6.5 and 7.5. Cannabis does not do well in acidic soil. High acidity in soil encourages the plant to be predominantly male, an undesirable trait.
- Nutrients: Soil should contain humus or material for retaining moisture and nutrients.
Otherside Farms uses a proprietary soil mixture and technique, however, we are always open to experimentation and perfecting our techniques. There are also pre-made, pharmaceutical grade sterilized, nutrient rich soils out there you can try, like Atomic Bloomz, a chelated formula of Auxin’s, cytokines, brassinosteriods and triconinal growth hormone stack, along with supportive full line of b vitamins, micro-nutrients, iron, copper, boron, fulvic acid, silica, proteins and carbohydrates, designed for maximum flower/fruit and resin/oil production. While we try to control nutrients through our entire process, there are soils such as these that might work for someone who requires less maintenance. Check them out here:
Republished by Blog Post Promoter